PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Billed Hornbill

Dumay de Boulle
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
This was taken in the Kruger National Park. Very abundant and is an Insectivore and eats fruit as well. The male and female are monogamous. The male closes the female in a hole in a tree and packs it closed with mud and other stuff. But leaves a small hole enough to feed her through. In that time when she is enclosed she lays eggs and molts. The male feeds her and the chicks consistently, while they grow up and her feathers re-grow. After they are ready to emerge the male will break her and the chicks out , and if anything were to happen to the male they would die in the place they were left.

Canon 7D
Canon 400 f5.6 L
f5.6
ISO 400
1/800
AWB
Processed in CS4
Full frame

Dumay de Boulle
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Still battlelling with the resizing and colour for BPN...once I have uploaded the image it loses a lot of the colour. What am I doing wrong?

Dumay de Boulle
04-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Tried Again...Sorry to keep doing this (reposting) but I really want to get it right

Tom Graham
04-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Probably, you are viewing your "working" image on your PC in one color space/profile. But when you post and then view on BPN your web browser is using a different color profile. Do everything, your PS work on PC, saving jpeg, and posting as sRGB color profile. When I take your image into PS it says it is not sRGB profile Somewhere here there are guidelines for posting to the web using sRGB. And FWIW, all three of your images look very close to identical to me, I see tiny difference in the eye red (maybe). My browser is Firefox 3.6. Good luck.
Tom

Troy Lim
04-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Dumay, do you have more room on the left side? Just feel a bit tight.
I am hoping to be able to get some hornbill shots when I go back to Borneo for a visit in the future. But with the way the rate they cut down the jungle and replacing with palm oil trees, they might be extinct soon.

Mark Dumbleton
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Super image Dumay. Like the colours and detail. I would probably get rid of the small dot in front of the birds beak. Keeps distracting me. Well done!

Dumay de Boulle
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks Mark, I only noticed that spot now, Thats why I like it when you crit my pics. You always point out the finer details and its teaching me alot...Thanks bud
Thanks Troy. I dont have any more space, this is full frame:o. Personaly I do like the comp. But if any one else agrees on your suggestion I will deinitely consider it for the future. Thank you for that. Hope you get your chance to get some great pics.
Tom, thanks for the advice. I saw now on the resizing for the web you get the option to change to sRGB so gonna try it...Hopefully I will get it right sooner or later:D