PDA

View Full Version : Just sunrise!

Ramesh Adkoli
04-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Here is an attempt at a high contrast image making: silhouette and burnt sun are intentional. Used a GND to limit the over exposure. Appreciate your views.

EXIF: D700, 24-70mm @55mm, 1/80s, f/13, GND, tripod
PP: CNX2, Black and white points, minor color boost

regards,
ramesh

Bob Miller
04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Ramesh! Like the composition on this. I like the way that the horizon sweeps up the side of the mountain/hill....exposure on the sky looks good and creates a mood. I wonder if the main cloud bank could be just a bit lighter...not so much as to destroy the mood.

Dave Mills
04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Ramesh, nice cloud along with interesting tree silouettes. I would crop the top to about an inch above the main cloud. The sky above the cloud isn't really adding much to the image. I would also take out about half the dark area on the left and a sliver off the bottom. By doing that the eye is keying in on the silouettes and the lit cloud.
I feel it makes for a stronger image...

Ramesh Adkoli
04-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks, Bob and Dave for your views. Appreciate that.

Peter Farrell
04-22-2010, 09:10 AM
A very dramatic sky. I would agree with a crop of half the left side, a little off the bottom and leave the sky as is.
Peter

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Ramesh,
I would go with Dave's crop recommendation.....although I would leave the bottom.....strengthens the flow for me! I may have wanted a touch more of the sun in ........but that would have been tough w/o an HDR attmet of more split ND's.