04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/15"
F2.8
ISO: 100
LR & CS3

This isn't moss. It's a spent flower of some sort. The top of the flower is slightly OOF but when I went to a smaller aperture to get slightly more DOF, the BG really suffered. I did some selective sharpening on the flower but took it as far as I could without making it obvious.

Julie Kenward
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Ken, I think you did take it as far as it could with normal processing. Now, what I'm wondering is...have you thought to put a semi-transparent texture layer over the top? That is a great way to hide a slight imperfection and still maintain that beautiful BG and the overall image.

If you're interested, hop down to the floral photo in OOTB forum or one of us (Anita & Barbara are way better at this than I am) can help you give it a go. Another option would be a painted look filter or something else along those lines.

Ken Childs
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Ken, I think you did take it as far as it could with normal processing. Now, what I'm wondering is...have you thought to put a semi-transparent texture layer over the top? That is a great way to hide a slight imperfection and still maintain that beautiful BG and the overall image.
Thanks, Jules.
I have a library of images saved for use in textured images so I'll give it a go. If anything works well, I'll post it in the OOTB.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey Ken,
While maybe not the most beautiful.....you have handled it very, very, nicely and absolutely love the way it comes out of the softness. Very well done!

Mike Moats
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey Ken, I think you did a great on the technical end, good details and great looking BG, but the subject is lacking.