View Full Version : Icicle

Milan V
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Icicle

Canon 40D, Canon 100 mm macro, tripod, 1/15, f14

http://www.pbase.com/milv/image/122818299.jpg

Julie Kenward
04-19-2010, 11:26 AM
C'mon Milan...how'd you get the BG? Tell us how you did this! Excellent colors and very impactful presentation. Would love to have seen you tilt the camera so this came in at the ULC and ran towards the LRC. I know it's hard to get ice in focus but you might try a little more selective sharpening to see if the bubbles would come popping out any clearer. Lovely image!

Milan V
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
C'mon Milan...how'd you get the BG? Tell us how you did this! Excellent colors and very impactful presentation. Would love to have seen you tilt the camera so this came in at the ULC and ran towards the LRC. I know it's hard to get ice in focus but you might try a little more selective sharpening to see if the bubbles would come popping out any clearer. Lovely image!

Thanks Julie!
The bg are colourful papers:) Regarding bubbles... the main problem is that on the top the icicle is more bulky then on the end where is very thin and due this bubbles are more on the surface.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Milan,
I think the colors look wonderful! Interesting comp and the light looks VG also.