PDA

View Full Version : Stand Off!

Gus Hallgren
04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Folks

Thought this stand off by the Pink-faced Lovebird against the long time resident Curved-billed Thrasher was way OOTB so I did a B&W sketch using AKVIS Grfaphic Tools and hand created the eyes in CS4. Haven't seen the PFL since :confused:

BTW: The tree is an Arizona Ash & the perch a dried piece of Cholla cactus with 2 empty Crystal Light small plastic measuring cups full of bird seed hidden inside, :D

CC's warmly invited

Uncle Gus

Gus Hallgren
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Changed heads which I think is better than original? It was on CBT that did not have complete body and wing.

Which one do you prefer :p

Uncle Gus aka MP

Christopher Miller
04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Both look good, Gus, but I prefer the second one. To me it better highlights the interaction between the two birds. Nice graphic look.

denise ippolito
04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Gus, I love the first one. Great face and expression! I like the sketched look and thanks for the info on the perch.

Indranil Sircar
04-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Very nice effect, Gus. I like the second one better.

Julie Kenward
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Crystal light cups in the perch you say? I'm going to have to remember that one! I also like them both but have to go with #2 because I do like the head position better on that one. Wonderful sketch look and it sure tells a story. What fun to look at!

Kerry Perkins
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Gus, you sly devil! Cranial transplants and hidden birdseed? Nice! I like the second one better too. Really creative with the eyes. Well done!

Gus Hallgren
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Folks, really appreciate your kind words and observations :)

Keeps me smiling :D

Gus