Metering Mode : Center weighted average
Flash : Flash did not fire
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
White Balance : Auto white balance
Focal Length 35 : 157mm
Lens : Nikkor 105mm/F:2,8 VR

Julie Kenward
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Lovely image, Adrian! I really like the proportion of stem to flower and the diagonal line. I also love that the one petal is flopping over - it takes a static image and gives it a nice bump up in interest! You might think about taking a small slice off the top - maybe half the distance to the top petals. Beautiful saturation on the magentas also! How did you create the black BG? Was it intentional or did you do it in pp?

Adrian David
04-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Thank you Julie for the kind words!
The black BG, was intentional and I have used a black fabric behind the flower.But...to tell you the truth, after PP and adjusting the levels and brightness-contrast, the BG didn't look that black, so I have used the command in CS4 "replace color" for the BG with pure black :o.

Vida van der Walt
04-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Beautiful image Adrian. Superb IQ, lovely colours and great detail.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi Adrian,
Very nice job composing this! Very good positioning and the light is sweet!!!

Anita Bower
04-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Wonderful! I love Magnolia flowers and you captured this one beautifully. The flower itself is in pristine condition. I like seing a bit of the inside of the petals, and that one petal folding down makes the composition special. Jule's suggestion re. crop might make it even stronger.

Christopher Miller
04-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Very nice, Adrian! Very lovely flow to the petals, and like the colors and black BG. Nicely done. :)