PDA

View Full Version : Primula

Gail Spitler
04-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I have called this a primula, although I think this plant has several different labels. Processed in LR2 and PS CS4.
Comments and suggestions are most appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
Gail
Canon 1D MkIV with 100mm @f/11, 1/125 sec, pattern metering, 0EV, ISO 320, tripod with Acra ballhead

Julie Kenward
04-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Gail, I really like the composition you have here of three's - two flowers and a bud. I also like the saturation levels of the yellows and the deep greens of the foliage. You also got some great detail going here. I would suggest looking at opening the darker areas up a bit more or maybe brightening the flowers so they pop a bit more against those darker tones. You also have a few very tiny black dots on the front flower's petals - might think about giving those a quick easy clone and making that front flower look pristine since it is the focal point.

Ken Childs
04-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Gail, Jules hit much of what I would have said. The comp is the strong point of this shot. I'm thinking I would have liked those flowers in the BG to either be sharper or a lot more OOF.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Gail,
I like the arrangement also. I would keep the BG dark....it really makes the flowers pop!

Anita Bower
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Lovely composition of these three flowers. I like the detail on the leaves. Someone taught me to clean my images by zooming in to 100% and cloning out imperfections. This helped my images a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Gail Spitler
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for all the good suggestions and the compliments. i like the idea of doing a final overall review at 100% magnification before releasing the image.
Thanks all
Cheers
Gail