PDA

View Full Version : Brown-eared Bulbul

gary rouleau
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
While on the island of Cheju Korea at a conference i had not seen a bird in three maybe four days -not even a gull -and we were on the coast. On the fifth day, I saw out of the corner of my eye a blue flash (not one of those hippie day kind of things). I had no idea what it could have been but maybe a really big blue bug from another planet. It flew up a small estuary in the middle of this big city -so I followed what the heck it was break-time and only three minutes from the hotel. It turned out to be a beautiful little oasis for bird life. And the blue flash was a Euro-asian kingfisher, not just one but five. And all sorts of birds I never even heard of. I only had an afternoon free and could not get all the species there. I have to go back one day. Here is one of them the Brown-eared Bulbul.

Canon EOS 20D
Canon Lens (mm): 300mm f2.8 x1.4
ISO: 400
Aperture: 4
Shutter: 1/200
Exp. Comp.: 0.0
Program: Aperture Priority

Fabs Forns
02-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Gary,

I did some work, cropped the left side, to get the bird off center. Desaturated and blurred the background a bit and ran a curve adjustment to lighten the bird.
There seems to be some blurring on the upper foot, that was present on your version.
Hope you like it!

gary rouleau
02-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Looks great Fabs, thanks. Unfortunately the foot is out of focus.

Steve Canuel
02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Colorful BG and great detail. Never saw one of these before, handsome bird.

Steve

Arthur Morris
02-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Wonderful bird, wonderful image, and great job on the repost by Fabs.

later and love, artie

Jim Poor
02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Very nice scruffy looking little fellow here. I liked the original and the repost takes it that much farther. I might also tone down the bright spot in the BH right off the tip of the bill.

Manos Papadomanolakis
02-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I really like the pose and the details,nice repost by Fabs!

Gayle Clement
02-29-2008, 11:17 PM
I really love this one, Gary.

gary rouleau
03-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I do as well Gayle, Fabs does have a good suggestion.
gary