PDA

View Full Version : Pagoda Family

Mike Moats
04-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Here's group that the last image was shot from.

Fuji S5, Tamron 60mm Macro, Natural Light, f/32 @3sec

Mike Moats
04-18-2010, 09:21 AM
What is amazing is this arrangment is the way it was growing in the pot (I didn't arrange this) and when I saw it I had to buy it, as it seemed perfect. I clipped off some leaves on the stem that were not good for the comp.

Charles Wesley
04-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Mike,

I really love this photo. It has a fine art appeal looking very sophistcated IMO. Like the high key appeal and subdued colors .
It looks like a white and pink columbine to me. My degree is in dentistry not plant taxonomy. Need someone with more knowledge
to chime in.

Thanks for sharing...

Cheryl Flory
04-18-2010, 11:49 AM
this arrangement is very nice! perfect.

Julie Kenward
04-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Another beautiful image, Mike. Have you tried the Lensbaby on this one yet? I think the soft curls and intertwined flowers are - as you said - perfection.

Gail Spitler
04-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Both of the 'Pagoda' images remind of the watercolor illustration found in older botanical catalogues. The white bg, and the exposure are perfect in my mind. The seed heads seem like an essential in gradient to have; they again help to add to the watercolor illustration impression.
I did wonder about the flower on the left - it's petal wrapping the stem is wonderful. The head position is so rigidly perpendicular, whereas the other flower heads slope quite gracefully. I guess I'd be tempted to try an image without it, just the other two.

It is an exquisite image. Quite breathtaking.

Cheers
Gail

Jerry van Dijk
04-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Wonderful Mike! I do find them a little tight in the frame, but that adds to the illustration idea. I like that you have seedpods and flowers in the same image. The arrangement is indeed very nice.

Mike Moats
04-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey Gail, the watercolor look is what I was after, that's why the pale overexposed colors.

Barbara Kile
04-18-2010, 09:04 PM
The Dance of the flowers - I like the randomness here. They are doing their own thing, but beautifully composed in their space. I recently bought a flower plant too - because I had to have it! I know the feeling! :)

Vida van der Walt
04-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Mike, this is wonderful! Everything in this shot is just perfect and my first thought was botanical print as well. Almost like the paintings of the old master Redoute. Love the natural arrangement and the soft light. I can look at this again and again. Stunning!:)

Anita Bower
04-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Another gorgeous photo of these lovely Columbines!! I like everything about it.

Ken Childs
04-19-2010, 07:19 AM
This is another beauty, Mike! The natural arrangement couldn't be better. Occasionally Mother Nature gets it right. ;)

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey Mike,
I think I like this one even better than the previous. I like the flow of the blooms in this one.

Christopher Miller
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Beautiful, Mike! :) Love the soft colors and high-key, and perfect graceful composition.