PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back - Another White Pelican

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I couldn't resist one more White Pelican.:) I used so many layers that is kind of funny. First, Nik Solarization, then
Fract Rounded (although I think I used Glow 100 first) then Topaz Simplify watercolor, then a poster edge filter,
changed H&S a little and finally Topaz Adjust 4 HDR pop. Hopefully it doesn't look like a mess - I grew fond of it
because I worked on it off and on for a week.:o I left a lot of the bottom in because I liked the repeated blues of the water and the beak. Would it look better with more off the bottom or not?

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

denise ippolito
04-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Cheryl, I usually go for images with less on bottom than top or if a reflection is included than equal space top and bottom. Very cool looking colors and effect. I do wish the eye were a bit more visible.

Christopher Miller
04-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow! Very lovely effect, Cheryl. :) Love the golden colors, and very nice pose. My personal preference would be for a comp with the pelican towards the bottom.

Arthur Morris
04-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Love the effect on the water and the bird is way cool too, but a bad head angle is always a bad head angle... I love the lower part of the image so much that I might even swim against the tide and suggest that you should have pointed the camera down even more putting the bird in the upper right thirds position...

Julie Kenward
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
I LOVE that water, Cheryl! I liked Artie's idea of less on top so recropped it and also cloned out the dark area right behind his head on the right. The original is totally awesome - I only wanted to present a different view for you to think about.