PDA

View Full Version : Common snipe

Tomas Calle
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Good day,

It´s a long time now with posting here, so I return with this. I think in English is Common snipe (Gallinago gallinago). In Spanish is called Agachadiza común.

Best regards from Spain.

Andrew Merwin
04-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Tomas, I like the pose. the HA & the reflection. I think I would crop more from the bottom & move it from the center. Also, I find the BG too light & consequently distracting as it draws my eye to it instead of the snipe.
Andrew

Troy Lim
04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
The contrast is too much IMO. Cropping is fine with me except the editing. I would suggest tone down the contrast.

Randy Stout
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Tomas:

Troy is raises a good point on the contrast. It is quite harsh. Nice shooting angle, interesting if somewhat distracting background. I would personally crop up a bit from the bottom and a sliver from the left.

There are some unusual artifacts in the RUC.

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy

Tomas Calle
04-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank you for your comments and advices. I did the process in a laptop and in a hurry, so is not a fine postprocessing. Sorry Randy, I don´t know what is RUC.

Warm greetings from Spain.

Randy Stout
04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Tomas:

RUC = right upper corner :)

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Tom, Welcome, and thanks a ton for your membership support. You need help in Photoshop :) For the repost I ran a reverse S curve to reduce the contrast and added black to the whites in Selective Color> Then a small crop.

I would strongly yet humbly suggest that you get yourself a copy of my Digital Basics File as soon as possible. If you need help finding it, let me know.

Arthur Morris
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
ps; Love the head angle. And you did well with such a tough subject!

Tomas Calle
04-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Thank you for you advices, Arthur.

Best regards.