PDA

View Full Version : Orange and Yellow Tulip

Anita Bower
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
This is my favorite Tulip from my garden, though I hope to add some Parrot Tulips for next year.

Taken indoors with natural window light, Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f16, 1/4 sec., ISO 200, center weighted average metering, manual exposure, manual focus (live view), tripod.
RAW conversion Elements 7, PP in PS7--including lighten some areas, slight adjustment in Topaz Simplify, rotate a bit and crop a bit.

Julie Kenward
04-17-2010, 05:44 PM
That sure looks a lot like MY favorite tulip! ;) Aren't they beautiful? Very nice composition, Anita. You've got the stem in a perfect position and the way the tulip is fanning out is lovely. There are two places on the far right petal that are almost white - I'm wondering if they might look better with maybe the yellow color cloned over them at a very light opacity - maybe 15% - just to give them a hint of the color from the rest of the tulip. Your call though - it's very nice as is!

Mike Moats
04-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey Anita, very nice comp, and like the soft colors. I don't mind the light areas that Jules is referring too. Good details.

Barbara Kile
04-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I too like the composition. This is a bright and sunny tulip - love it!

Anita Bower
04-18-2010, 04:50 AM
There are two places on the far right petal that are almost white - I'm wondering if they might look better with maybe the yellow color cloned over them at a very light opacity - maybe 15% - just to give them a hint of the color from the rest of the tulip. Your call though - it's very nice as is!
I added some pale yellow to those areas--perhaps I need to add a bit more. Alway appreciate suggestions.

Charles Wesley
04-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Anita,

Really like the multitude of shades of red, orange, yellow and green on this one. I'm a hugh fan of tulips.
Thanks for sharing...

Vida van der Walt
04-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Beautiful image Anita. It almost looks like a painting. Great comp and the colours are divine!:)

Ken Childs
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Anita, I think this is perfect as is! Those lighter areas look fine and, IMO, add to the sunny feeling of this shot.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Anita,
I'm with Jules on the brighter areas but that is one gorgeous tulip and an easy fix to improve!

Anita Bower
04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
For those who wanted more color in the light areas. What do you think?

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Anita,
Re-post defines the edge of the flower a bit more....so I prefer it over the OP...but I will admit that it is growing on me more.