PDA

View Full Version : 1DMK4 raw not opening in CS3

Kiran Poonacha
04-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I know there I can directly transfer the raw from DPP to CS3, kindly requesting help to get a patch to open IDMK4 raw in CS3 directly.

Regards,

Kiran

Jamie Strickland
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I know there I can directly transfer the raw from DPP to CS3, kindly requesting help to get a patch to open IDMK4 raw in CS3 directly.

Regards,

Kiran

unfortunately its not possible you will need CS4 to open raw files for most of the new cameras :( 5D MKII , 7D, 1D MKIV etc because CS3 does not support the newer camera raw upgrades :(

I use lightroom and then from inside there when you open it in CS3 it converts it to tiff

but dont waste your money upgrading to CS4 you can pre order CS5 which was just released .... or you will have to use something else to convert it first, LR, DPP etc

Axel Hildebrandt
04-17-2010, 10:38 AM
You have to convert the files to DNG first to open them in CS3. CS5 will be released next month, might be worth it.

Kiran Poonacha
04-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Thank you guys, atleast wont waste time on the net looking for it, will wait for CS5

Marc Mol
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
The same applies to the Nikon D3S, found out the hard way when I went to convert
some RAW files from this camera into CS3, ..........a NO GO! :(

Alfred Forns
04-24-2010, 07:46 AM
If you convert to DNG might consider keeping the RAW also which is an option, will take more room but the RAW will be available down the road, some contest require the original for submission and the DNG is not allowed !!