PDA

View Full Version : The Lady Blackbuck

Harshad Barve
04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Dear all
made this with D300 , 600mm, ISO 200, F8, 1/125 , cropped to vert and applied gausian blurr of 0.8 pixel on BG
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Hilary Hann
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Yes Harshad, I do like this. Would possibly do a slight CC rotation but love the look of the buck and the blurred background. Very nice indeed (I'm a sucker for antelope pix).

Harshad Barve
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
(I'm a sucker for antelope pix).

Thanks Hilary , I was not knowing this , will post few more pics of different variety , I do shoot deers :eek::D:D

Todd Frost
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Very well done Harshad. Love the comp and inclusion of environment. Not sure about rotation as distant bg lines appear to be ok. Will leave up to you as you know the lay of the land. Wonderful colors and exposure. TFS
Todd

Stu Bowie
04-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Harshadbhai, I like the alert pose, colours, and the buck is nice and sharp. Its always difficult to judge sloping lands, as the buck look fine in relation to standing vertical. The BG line does need a slight CCW rotation, and if you did rotate it, it wouldnt harm the pose of the buck.

Morkel Erasmus
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
lovely image Bhai - I like that the line in BG doesn't "decapitate" her :) good depth and exposure
I agree with you using the line in BG as horizon as she is standing downhill away from us.

Steve Kaluski
04-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi Harshad

Great environmental shot with subtle/delicate colours that all work extremely well. Good detail and the processing has also been treated in a sympathetic manner too. Would agree about a slight rotation, but would also suggest reducing the height of the sky as it's too equal 50/50.

Not sure about the extra Gaussian Blur, good camera skills should take care of that. ;)

TFS
Steve