PDA

View Full Version : Antelope Valley, Gorman area

Steve Bein
04-16-2010, 06:58 PM
the flowers are getting nice in the Gorman area. There are two ways to get to the Antelope Valley Poppy area that I am familiar with. Either get there from the east or west. At the west end of th Valley is Gorman. If you go on the road next to gorman, you will come upon this pond. The colors on the hill are beginning to become spectacular and I hope stronger oranges with more pof the poppies. there were some snowy egrets on the other side of the pond and it just feels very peaceful. Further in the valley, the poppies are blooming nicely.
7D
24-105 IS @40mm
1/125 sec, f/14
Mode: Av
Metering: Spot
ISO: 400

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey Steve,
Love the fresh greens against the darker hillside....I may be tempted to darken the LH hillside behind the shoreline trees....just to get the same effect/seperation. May actually be an optical delusion (illusion) but the whole thing seems slanted CCW.....would be interesting to see this rotated....even if it is correct. Very nice exposure and I like the color depth and shadow play throughout the image!

Nick Palmieri
04-17-2010, 06:14 AM
I really like the feel to this caused by the subtle differences in color and shadows. Agree it may need some CCW rotation.

Peter Farrell
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Beautiful image, Steve. Great soft color contrast throughout.
I agree with a slight CW rotation using the shoreline as a guide.
Peter