PDA

View Full Version : Question on Bridge

Joe Senzatimore
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Just purchased a new PC and installed all needed programs. When I go to bridge some image thumbnails can be viewed and some only show the symbol of a key. Didn't have this problem with the old PC. Could see all thumbnails in bridge. All are Raw images. I don't think it is a problem with the new PC. Probably just something I set wrong in bridge. Hope someone can shed some light. The adobe program is CS3 and the OS on the new PC is Windows 7.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger Clark
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Joe,

What are the files that do not show up in bridge? Newer camera raw files will not show in CS3's bridge. If you have a camera like the 5D2 or newer, you'll need to upgrade to CS4 or 5. If they are older raw files, check adobe for updates to bridge and photoshop.

Roger

Joe Senzatimore
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Strange as the older PC also had CS3 and had no problems with the files from the equipment I am using.

James Prudente
04-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Joe,

Download the last update ACR for CS3 from adobe and install it on the new PC. If you loaded CS 3 from an early disk it probably doesn't have the last ACR file.

Jim

Joe Senzatimore
04-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks James . Will give that a try and let you know how I make out. I also can't view the thumbnails in bridge. Do you think the ACR update might cure that as well. I guess if worst comes to worst I will need to go to CS4.:( More $$$ out the window(no pun intended):)

Joe Senzatimore
04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
James and Roger. Thanks for your response and concern. PROBLEM SOLVED. It seems that the old PC had no problem as it got periodic updates from Adobe. When I installed CS3 in the new machine I had to get the updates from the Adobe download sites. I never thought of this but my good friend Lou Buonomo came by and helped this computor dummy out. So with the help of both of you and Lou I am up and running again.:):):)

Thanks Again