PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Boss

Harshad Barve
04-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Dear all
one more image from previous trip , this liiter has LADY boss , The female cub ( who is not facing us ) is very much dominant and she makes sure that other 2 male cubs follows her , May be taking some clues from her dominant mom ;)

Mirchaini female is one terrific mother and very dominating girl. She is big as male tiger. She as aquired one of the biggest area in Tala Touzism zone of Bandhavgarh. Her previous litter had 2 male cubs and they became huge male tigers. One of male can be seen http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60992 (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/HERE)

Her previous and current litter holds maximum stakes in my tiger stocks :D:D but I am still waiting for my first decent image of mother

Ouch , some long story :o
7D , 300mm, ISO 400 , f6.3 ,beanbag cropped
all C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Steve Kaluski
04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
And they say 'Cats' don't like water Harshad.:D

Great expression on the lh cub, would not like to get on the wrong side of Mirchaini!!! Just trying to work out where this is in relation to the reserve?

What was the SS on this and on the EXIF when was it shot, still looks a little 'sooty' Harshad:confused: Not as clean as it should be, have you done the updated Firmware?

TFS
Steve

Harshad Barve
04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
And they say 'Cats' don't like water Harshad.:D

Tigers LOVE water and I love to see them playing in water :D:D

trying to work out where this is in relation to the reserve?

Sorry Steve , Poor english of mine but could not understand this

What was the SS on this and on the EXIF when was it shot, still looks a little 'sooty' Harshad:confused: Not as clean as it should be, have you done the updated Firmware?

TFS
Steve

1/800 , Sorry I missed it in OP and I have to update firmware , will do soon

Steve Kaluski
04-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Where did you photograph the image Harshad, I know it was Bandhavgarh, but where in the reserve? Near the lookout, by the dam...? Just curious.
Steve

Harshad Barve
04-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Ouch one more miss , This was shooted in Bandhavgarh NP , this pond is nearly 5 kms away from center point near Andhiyari Jhiria

Todd Frost
04-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Nice moment captured Harshad. Agree with Steve with it looking a little off. Highlights look a little muddy for lack of a better description. You sure have a collection of these cats. TFS
Todd

Stu Bowie
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Harshadbhai, lovely golden colours, and a priceless expression from the tiger on the left. I like the hint of the tail peeking out the water. ( my dear wife says that I MUST take her there )

Harshad Barve
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
( my dear wife says that I MUST take her there )

Thanks Stuartbhai , PM sent :):):)

Morkel Erasmus
04-16-2010, 01:45 PM
wonderful capture - the best of them in the water - the flustered look of the brother is priceless! maybe brighten it a bit with curves Bhai?

Steve Canuel
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Harshad,
I like the look of the facing tiger and the contrast between the raised and lowered ears of the two. Also like the break in the color and texture of the surrounding water created by their bodies.

Hilary Hann
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Well captured interraction which is well shown by facial expression on the male. I like the movement on the water around this tiger which makes the image feel more dynamic. I like the golden colour of the water and the tail just showing. I'm only viewing on my iPhone so can't comment on reproduction quality but it shows pretty well.

I would see how it looks cropped a bit from the bottom.

Grant Atkinson
04-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi Harshad, I am new to BPN forums but this image jumped out at me. Great subject, the tail tip showing excitement sticking out of the water, the LH tigers expression, and the wonderful colour in the water. Perhaps a little brighter would be good. What a fantastic image
Grant