PDA

View Full Version : Spring Shopping!

Roman Kurywczak
04-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Bird shoot was a bust this am....so Dave Mills, Susan Candelario, and I went flower shopping! Studio set ups and them moved outside for some natural light and high key work! This is an Osteaspernum hybrid called Soprano lilac spoon. Love playing with my MT 24 twin lights in these situations.
Outdoors, diffused light with the Canon 1D Mark lll and the Sigma 180mm macro hand held at f32 for 1/80 sec. at ISO 800 and the MT 24 Twin lights at full power. Slight crop top and left.

denise ippolito
04-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Roman, I like the colors and the comp. very much. The details in the center are really good. The flower just screams fun!!:)

Julie Kenward
04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Roman, I love the outer space look of the flower and the angle you shot it at compliments it - great combination. I'm not sure I love that BG color, though. With the light lavendar of the flower I think maybe a darker BG would work better? Perhaps? Let's see what everyone else says...

Roman Kurywczak
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
.......... I'm not sure I love that BG color, though. With the light lavendar of the flower I think maybe a darker BG would work better? Perhaps? Let's see what everyone else says...
No worries Jules.....that's why I shoot with different BG's! The blue is the natural sky. I have a white high key one (overexposed on purpose)......and my favorite the black! Will try to post it tomorrow for comparison or I can post it here if you prefer.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-16-2010, 12:57 AM
I like the composition and colors a lot! I would like to see the other ones, especially the one with the black BG!

Charles Wesley
04-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Roman,

Most excellent use of fill flash. Love the colors and central detail like Denise. Look forward to seeing all BG's. Like this blue BG.

Thanks for sharing...

Ken Childs
04-16-2010, 06:56 AM
It's beautiful as is but I also think a darker BG would make it even better. I might crop off a sliver from the left side.

Barbara Kile
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Great details and composition, Roman - love the colors. The flower is facing to the left, so you want more space in that direction, so I like that. Horizontals are a challenge that way. I would also prefer another bg color, so will look forward to your other offerings!
:)

Christopher Miller
04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
A very lovely flower, Roman! :) Love the colors and details. I like the blue BG here, but look forward to seeing how the other BG's look too.

Anita Bower
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
What a gorgeous flower! Lovely shot. It does look at bit like an alien flower. Excellent use of flash.