PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallow

Ilija Dukovski
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
These guys are exp nightmare, especially with strong light.
They are easy to get close to them though, quite cooperative.
CC appreciated.

Nikon D700 300mm+TC14 f/5.6 1/1600 AP-1/3 ISO400

denise ippolito
04-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Ilija, I like the pose and the head angle. I like the shine on the blue feathers but might tone down some of brighter parts of the bird and perch. Great getting the nice soft colors in the BG to compliment the bird.

Ilija Dukovski
04-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Thank you Denise, I already darkened the whites, I guess a bit more is due.
I'm glad you like the shine on the plumage. I wasn't really sure myself
about it, really tough little guys to get them right on bright light.

Stu Bowie
04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Good HA Ilija, and well placed in the frame. I also like the soft pastel colours of the BG.

Ryan Schain
04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
When you say exposure nightmare, you are not kidding. In my opinion these birds are amongst the toughest species to properly expose, along with Buffleheads and Wood Ducks. I agree with Denise that the white's look slightly bright, but they are pretty close to reality in my opinion. I also agree that the shine is great, and would darken the perch a bit. Great shot!

Kiran Poonacha
04-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Beautiful Bhai, Nice expo, details, HA and compo...

Arthur Morris
04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Advice:
1- get up earlier
2-tape a nice branch to the post as a more attractive perch
3- for the image as is, try a reverse S-curve. THe whites in some places are already graying out and looking funky...

I do like the head angle. Lastly: there are no exposure nightmares with digital... :)

Ilija Dukovski
04-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Advice:
1- get up earlier
3- for the image as is, try a reverse S-curve. THe whites in some places are already graying out and looking funky...

I do like the head angle. Lastly: there are no exposure nightmares with digital... :)

Thank you for the advice, as always, very much appreciated.

1- get up earlier
Couldn't agree more:)

Will do, the place is perfect for set-ups

Hm, didn't think about that. Will try to select the white and do the reverse S on the selection.

Thank you again,

Arthur Morris
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
You are most welcome. I appreciate students who have an open mind and really want to improve. :)