PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bird and Blooms

Jason G. Harrison
04-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Enjoying the wonderful colors of spring. I always enjoy the Blue Birds nesting in the yard. Of all the 8 boxes, 5 of them are active. Some of the boxes are by Apple trees, the others are by Red Buds...

D300s, 600VR, 1.4tc, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/1600th, Manual exposure

http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/6953_S.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, as always C&C welcomed and encouraged.

Jason

Ryan Schain
04-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Great bird, colors, perch, and background! The head (not beak) might be very SLIGHTLY oversharpened, and I would think about selectively lightening the eye a bit.

arash_hazeghi
04-14-2010, 11:22 PM
excellent pose, sharpness and BG. perfect as presented.

Joe Senzatimore
04-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Beautiful image and a very good choice of perch. Loce the comp. as well.

Bruce Miller
04-15-2010, 07:27 AM
This is just awesome! I love the perch and have been working on getting these guys to come to mine. I know you said there are lots of flowering trees in the area, but is this perch cut and set out in an optimum spot, or it on a tree?<O:p</O:p

Jason G. Harrison
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
This is just awesome! I love the perch and have been working on getting these guys to come to mine. I know you said there are lots of flowering trees in the area, but is this perch cut and set out in an optimum spot, or it on a tree?<O:p</O:p

Bruce, I bent a branch down and out to get it clear of other branches. It is on the side of the tree closest to the nest box, which is about 6 feet away. They fly around and then land on this branch that is now closer to their box since I bent it. They will hope on it...and then fly into the box. Just have to sit and wait for them. In the early mornings and late evenings they are very active hunting, etc...so that is when I sit there and wait.

Kiran Poonacha
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Beautiful setting, light and BG...

Daniel Cadieux
04-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Nice! Great spring feel to this. I'll only add that you could eliminate the tiny bit of petal just barely peeking in at LLC...and same for the red leaf sticking up into the frame near the LRC. This is just meant to clean up the comp's lower edge. Everything else is A-1:cool:

Danny Laredo
04-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Great looking bird and setup.

Phil Liew
04-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Lovely feel to the shot, composition well balanced and the colours seem to "gel" well. I like the environment here and the details are all there.

Gyorgy Szimuly
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
I like it very much. The pose and the blooming perch with a smooth bg makes this a cool image.

Szimi