PDA

View Full Version : Black Capped Chickadee

Mark Theriot
04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I've been trying to get a decent shot of one of these guys for a year now. Got lucky today as this little fellow wanted to pose - best one I have so far.

As always, all C&C most welcome!

Mark

560mm
f8
1/1,500

Joel Eade
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Nicely done, these little guys don't sit still for long!

I like the pose, HA and eye contact. Nice details, sharpness and BG. I might try leaving a little more room on the right side just to see if it improves.

Joel

Christopher Miller
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Very nice, Mark! I know how hard these little guys can be.

Nice pose with a good HA and a nice clean BG. Exposure looks good too. The sharpness falls off a bit on the tail, but no big issue to me. I would sharpen the eye a bit to give it some more pop.

Lance Peters
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi Mark - Ilke the pose , Good HA and eye contact - looks a little bright for my tastes - would set a balck and white point in P.S. Feels a little tight at either end for my tastes.
Good show :)

Tom Graham
04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Like same as above.
Will the tail feathers sharpen up a bit?
Tom

Alfred Forns
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
All great suggestions and fully agree but you did come up with a good one !!! All these little guys are difficult to photograph and nailing one is satisfying !!! ... btw with such a good bg you can afford to stop down even more depending on your ISO ! dof wise at any aperture if the image is fairly good full size at 560 there is not much dof !!! I like it a lot !!!

Dave Mills
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Mark, Good advice given bit IMO your efforts paid off with a winner. I might just give it a bit more room on the right.

Mark Theriot
04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone, agree on giving the little guy some more room - I cropped a bit so I can do that.

Lance, let me go back and check my histogram and see what I can do.

Total DOF was very tight - around 1.5" at most. Agree that stopping down a little would have improved the shot!

Mark