PDA

View Full Version : White Backed Vulture

Ken Watkins
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Taken at a small waterhole which contained a dead Hippo,near Lebala camp Northern Botswana, 29th December 2008

EOS 1D MK III

500mm F4 IS hand-held

F7.1, ISO 800, 1/4000, EV +0.33

Steve Kaluski
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I like this Ken. :)

Might do a tad of 'gardening' on somme of the tree line.

TFS
Steve

Hendri Venter
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I like the space and detail in this. Nice image Ken.

Juan Aragonés
04-15-2010, 03:32 AM
The shadows in this vulture are very well exposed, with lots of details, and you didn´t clip the highlights and that is not easy considering that the light seems to be a bit intense. The exposure on the bird is good but I think that the BG should be underexposed a bit during the RAW conversion to compensate the exposure in the shadows of the bird. In this repost I added a selective levels adjustment on the BG, toning down the sky and green stuff a bit, added a round of noise reduction to the BG and a round of USM to the bird, a touch of saturation to the vulture too. I was not there and, of course I really do not know how was the light conditions, it is just a suggestion. Composition works very well for me and I am not sure about the green stuff in the bottom (perhaps is a bit distracting). Love the face of the vulture and the nice details on the underwings. Hope this helps Ken :)

Ken Watkins
04-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Juan,

Thanks your repost has much more oomph than mine, one day I hope to get the hang of PP?

It was not as sunny as your repost suggests, but I do not mind.