Taken on a coastline near Cape Town
2 shot blend
Canon 5D mk2
Canon 17-40mm
f16
13sec
22mm
Pol Filter and ND8 Grad
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

peter delaney
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi Kobus
Congrats with your new toys, hope you get lots of joy from them...

For me @ f16 it seems that there is a lack of sharpness in any of the rock formations, not certain where your focus point is in image.... also the composition does not feel balanced .

sorry to be so critical, hope you do not mind...

peter

Roman Kurywczak
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey Kobus,
Congrats on the new toys! Not sure either here as I agree with peter in regards to sharpness. Nothing appears as crisp as it normally is with your images....was it very windy?....could have an effect during the 13 second exposure....or as I sometimes do:D.....forgot to do it in PP'ing.....I happen to like the curve of the land and it's simplicity....just needs sharpness throughout to carry it.
Hope to see a re-post on this one!

Kobus Tollig
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Thx Guys for the honest crits. I must say that i have a sharpness problem with my new kit and trying to sort it out. They have already replaced the lens a camera once. Im gonna tell them they need to do it again.....:eek:

Robert Amoruso
04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I tried sharpening the image and it came out well.

I see what Peter means, it does feel a bit light on the right as compared to the left.

Kobus Tollig
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Thx robert. I don't want to make a image sharp I want to take it sharp. My previous kit I printed images without any sharpening.....
It will be light on the right cause the sun set on my right.

Dave Mills
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Kobus, Good comments above and I agree with a lack of sharpness. Hard to speculate on why since it could be for a few reasons. When I first saw the image I felt it was a bit oversaturated. The green in the foreground stood out to me. The long exposure gave the water a nice feel...

Morkel Erasmus
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
lovely light, textures and comp my friend but I agree - this isn't as sharp as your other work...I would further moan about the gear since it's your 2nd iteration on brand new stuff, but for the images you have already taken - sharpen them :)

Kobus Tollig
04-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Have done some tests in the last 24hours and must say that it looks to be human error on my part.....back to shooting i go:o

Bob Miller
04-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi Kobus....for my tastes I would darken the bottom of the image to create a bit more mood and weight. I like the composition and colors alot....although the green does appear to me to be somewhat oversaturated. Still a very nice image!

Jeroen Wijnands
04-27-2010, 05:56 AM
It reminds me a lot of a print I bought last summer in Cornwall