PDA

View Full Version : Female Piedwagtail

christopher galeski
04-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Took this shot this morning,very flighty little birds,I dont use hides,so it makes it harder to get close,but I enjoy the stalk.Comments welcome good or bad.thanks.

Randy Stout
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Chris:

I love the colors of the rock and BG here. NIce pose, seems like a brave guy facing the big world. That feeling is strengthened by the crop, with lost of space to the right.

Your bird is well exposed. I might consider another pass of usm on the eye/head. Might also toy with lightening the catchlight just a bit, to make it standout a bit more. Not much.

Good job.

Randy

Juan Aragonés
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I echoe Randy´s comment and I like the simple composition a lot, the soft light and the eye contact.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Love the composition and pose and the beautiful BG and agree with Randy that another round of USM would strengthen this image. Many thanks for sharing.

Hendri Venter
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
The bird fits in beautiful with the BG and perch. Don't know what equipment you used so not sure how close you got to this but well stalked anyway. Whites looks well exposed but agree with Randy for another round of sharpening on the head.

christopher galeski
04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Thankyou all for your comments,and I agree with the comments about a bit more sharpening of the head,Hendri,thanks for mentioning equipment I forgot,here it is,cannon 50d,400mm prime lenscannon,1/4x ext,1/320sec,f9.0,+1/3ex,iso800,tripod.cropped.some work in PSE.Thanks again.