PDA

View Full Version : Violet

Ed Vatza
04-14-2010, 05:56 AM
It's Macro and it's Flora... and it's Lensbaby.

Image made with Canon 50D; Lensbaby Composer w/ Soft Focus Optic (5.6 aperture) and stacked +10 and +4 macro filters; handheld.

Barbara Kile
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Your center details and composition are very pleasing, Ed. Very nice work with the Lensbaby and Soft Focus optic.

Ken Childs
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
It's a beauty, Ed! The comp is nice and the colors look great. The only things bothering me are the halo along the rear edge of the flower and the right front petal is more OOF than the left front petal.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Very nice subject, I like your composition and colors against the black BG. It gives me the feeling of flying.:)

Charissa
04-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Lovely shot Ed. Like this as is. Colors and softness super for me.

Cheryl Flory
04-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Ed, what is that coming over the top of the blossom? A new leaf?

Julie Kenward
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I remember trying to capture these last year...they almost drove us nuts trying to get a decent image! I do like this one but find the blue halo in the back petals to be distracting (and yes I realize they are part of the mystique of the LB). Love how clear and in focus the little green hairs are the arching curve of the stem.

Ken Childs
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I remember trying to capture these last year...they almost drove us nuts trying to get a decent image! I do like this one but find the blue halo in the back petals to be distracting (and yes I realize they are part of the mystique of the LB). Love how clear and in focus the little green hairs are the arching curve of the stem.
What is it about these flowers that gives us so many problems? There are record amounts of blue violets here in TN this year so I've had my choice of thousands of blooms but I haven't been able to get anything even halfway decent. :(

Anita Bower
04-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Nice! I love the colors and angle and selective focus. How did you achieve the black BG?