PDA

View Full Version : BPN Slowness and Down Time.

James Shadle
04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Just like DPReview and a few other large photography sites, BPN is recovering from a hack attack.

Our first order of business is to get the server stable. Our next steps in this order will be, return performance to peak levels and then fix links to missing images.

Our overall plan includes ways to prevent future attacks and fast change-over backup servers.

The bad guys are really smart, so we have recruited some even smarter folks to help us prevent successful attacks in the future.

Please continue to be patient while we work this out.

I would like to apologize for not communicating this better. I have been so single minded (as have the rest of our recovery team) in my attempt to get us back and stable that I neglected to communicate with those who mean the most to us - you. I am sorry.

James

Richard Stern
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi,

No need to apologize - I'm sure we all assumed it was some kind of technical problem that you were working on fixing. I'm sure it was more frustrating to you, trying to get the site working, than to us, just trying to get our regular BPN fix! Keep up the great work.

Richard

Ian McHenry
04-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi James
Just a thought.
In Birds as Art "Link" page "Forum open" or "Forum off".
Cheers: Ian Mc

James Shadle
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi James
Just a thought.
In Birds as Art "Link" page "Forum open" or "Forum off".
Cheers: Ian Mc

Not a bad idea!
I used Facebook to update, but Artie has more readers who are BPN members.

Thanks.