PDA

View Full Version : BPN Slowness and Down Time.

James Shadle
04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Just like DPReview and a few other large photography sites, BPN is recovering from a hack attack.

Our first order of business is to get the server stable. Our next steps in this order will be, return performance to peak levels and then fix links to missing images.

Our overall plan includes ways to prevent future attacks and fast change-over backup servers.

The bad guys are really smart, so we have recruited some even smarter folks to help us prevent successful attacks in the future.

Please continue to be patient while we work this out.

I would like to apologize for not communicating this better. I have been so single minded (as have the rest of our recovery team) in my attempt to get us back and stable that I neglected to communicate with those who mean the most to us - you. I am sorry.

James

Clemens Vanderwerf
04-13-2010, 08:41 PM
No worries James. Thanks for all the efforts to get this complicated issue sorted out.

Was good seeing you last week. Keep up the great work.

Thx,
Clemens

Alma K Bailey
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Stay on those bad guys, people are ruthless. So sorry we were down due to them as I missed being in and seeing you all. Hope you are recovering from all this.

Alma

Loukie Viljoen
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the illness, it is just a shock from this of the world where things don't always work in any case to suddenly not being able to connect, it is like the sudden death of a friend not even saying goodbye, hope recovering is soon & complete , regards Loukie

Phil Liew
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
It's real quick this morning here in South East Asia. Good job and brilliant efforts.

Joe Senzatimore
04-26-2010, 09:12 PM
S--t happens. you guys did a great job getting back to working order.