PDA

View Full Version : Trapped

Mike Moats
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Been gone for a while and just got back from florida, partying with all the spring breakers in Fort Lauderdale. 80 degrees and sun everyday, life is good.:D

Now it's back to work :cool:

I found this Cottonwood leaf trapped in some reeds at the edge of a pond and thought it was interesting the way it was resting. At first I didn't notice the cute little spider till I looked through the view finder.

Fuji S5, Tamron 60mm macro, f/5.6

Stuart Frohm
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice composition and exposure.
Looking at the photo, I didn't notice the spider at first either.

Jerry van Dijk
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi Mike, welcome back! Nice "catch" ;). Looks like the wheater at this pond was quite different from Florida. You did a good job capturing the mood. The camouflaged spider on the leaf would also have made an interesting subject in itself.

Ken Childs
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Nicely spotted and photographed. I guess I must be a bug geek because the spider was the first thing I noticed when I opened up this post. :)

Julie Kenward
04-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Ken, that you are! I didn't see it, either until I went looking for it. Love the translucency of the plant and the BG, Mike. I might suggest selectively sharpening the right side of the leaf a bit more as it seems a little OOF compared to the left side. Good eye! ;)

Susan Candelario
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi Mike, Great eye as usual. Love the way the colors in the background compliment the leaf.