PDA

View Full Version : Nockamixon Sunrise

Ed Vatza
04-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Sunrise over Lake Nockamixon, Nockamixon State Park, Bucks County, PA.

This is a 5-image HDR. I have been asked before why HDR for the sunrise images. I just think it helps pull some additional detail out of the shadows (particularly the trees).

Canon 5D; 70-200 2.8L IS; tripod.

Dave Mills
04-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi Ed,beautiful color along with pulling some detail out of the trees.The colored reflection and sky almost act as frames for the image. The rising sun adds that bit of interest that is needed. The sun is not exactly centered but for my taste I would take about half the trees off on the right up to the lit area of trees. I would also crop the bottom to just above your name. Well handled Ed...

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey Ed,
I'm Ok with this as presented crop wise....colors look great and the bit of depth the HDR provided in the trees helped in this case.....although it would still be stong w/o it. Nicely done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Nicely composed Ed, love the cloud texture

Kobus Tollig
04-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Really nice image you have here. What i wonder about is the color of the sun on the water.:confused:

Ed Vatza
04-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Really nice image you have here. What i wonder about is the color of the sun on the water.:confused:

Kobus, as the sun rose that morning it was a bright red. I was a bit disappointed that the camera did not pick that up more in relationship to the actual sun. The reflection on the water did, however, maintain the bright red color.

Julie Brown
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Beautiful colors and composition. I like the juxtaposition of the cool and warm tones in this image.

Bob Miller
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
HI Ed...I agree with Julie the cool and warm tones are really striking! Well done! I might crop a bit off the bottom.