PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful colors of the European Starling

Pierre Larouche
04-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

one of the photo i took this morning in my backyard. Normally this bird seems black but with the sun he had beautiful color. What do you think? Thanks for comments!

ISO: 400
Exposition: 1/800 s
Ouverture: 9.0
Longueur focale: 400mm

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uEiWrNnQtIE/S8HYltCR0DI/AAAAAAAAaNA/mH7qwKkft5k/s800/IMG_9435.JPG

Stephen Stephen
04-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Salut Pierre. Nice pose and head turn on this bird. I love the background colour and the fact that it's completely blurred. I might be tempted to clone out the short cut branches on the perch particularly the one with the heavy shadow.

If you decrease the contrast a little you may also gain a bit more detail in the darker feathers.

Daniel Cadieux
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I like the pose you got here...I've always liked how starlings' feathers spread out on their chests and throats. Adding saturation by using the sponge tool set at about 8% should make the colours pop nicely on those feathers. A bit of noise is apparent on the lower part of the body - did you need to lighten those blacks in PS? I agree with Stephen about the eliminating the two cut branches (I'm OK with the one near the toe). Nice BG!