Canon 5Dmk2
Canon 17-40
Pol Filter and ND8 grad

ISO50
f14
ss30sec
22mm

All comments & Crits welcome and appreciated
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Harold Davis
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
kobus, this is just great for me. with the way the clouds are, the center placement of the tree is perfect. i was wondering if a crop off the bottom would make it feel even more desolate. i think i would only do that if i had more room to add up top. nice job and big congrats on the new toys!!!

Myer Bornstein
04-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Wonderful, you can sense the dosolation and the sense of motion in the clouds. a small crop of the bottom I think would help use my monitor to bring the bottom of the image down and it looked better to my eyes

Dave Mills
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi Kobus, Very dramatic! In this case the centered tree works. The clouds really give the image it's intensity. As far as cropping off the bottom I could go either way on this...

Morkel Erasmus
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
love this bud. stunning mood, unusual composition and good toning on the conversion. if anything I wish the darker branches at the top (probably due to the grad) were lighter.

Robert Amoruso
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Good example of when a centered subject can work and that is because of the clouds and the symmetry they provide. B&W good choice here.

I would have moved a bit to the left so that the tree on the horizon did not merge with the FG tree's trunk. A small matter to be sure but the kind of field tweak that helps.

Kobus Tollig
04-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Thank you all for the great comments. I like the comp as is. I did a shot with less fg but this works better for me....i quess its a matter of taste.
Robert is see what you mean.....Thank you

Ed Vatza
04-12-2010, 04:54 AM
The tree may be center of attention but the clouds steal the show in my opinion. The are wonderful and complement the tree perfectly to my eye. Well done.

Garry Gibson
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I really like this a lot. The black and white looks perfect to me and the movement of the clouds
do really make the photograph special.

Kobus Tollig
04-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Thank you Ed and Garry appreciate the comments lots

Bob Miller
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Kobus...Nothing more to add to above comments so I will just say" Good Show"