PDA

View Full Version : Take off

Gary Esman
04-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Hello, taken at Gatorland. Thank you to Mike Godwin for being such a great host! My wife loved the golf cart ride back to the car! All comments appreciated and thanks for looking!

50D, 100-400mm ,taken at 100mm, ISO 320, F/6.3, 1/1000.

Troy Lim
04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Gary, I like to see more room on the right, it will give it a feel like it was going upwards.
Nicely exposed, what time did you take this shot?

Steve Canuel
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I like this slight upward view. The bird has nice detail and I also like the trees and clouds in the BG. Agree on a little more room but looking at your specs I don't think you had any.

Randy Stout
04-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Gary:

You certainly were in close on this one! The angle give a nice sense of the lift off.

Yes, I would prefer a bit more lead room on the right, but you obviously were as wide as you could go. The fact that he his angled up on the diagonal does help.

I like the inclusion of the background, only wish that the legs didn't overlap the trees, but were clear of trees like the wings.

Like the clouds, helps with the sense of depth.

Sharp on the eye/head and well exposed.

Cheers

Randy

Gary Esman
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Gary, I like to see more room on the right, it will give it a feel like it was going upwards.
Nicely exposed, what time did you take this shot?

Thanks Troy. I can add some more canvas to the right and top. He was rather close. I took this about 6 pm.

Gary Esman
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I like this slight upward view. The bird has nice detail and I also like the trees and clouds in the BG. Agree on a little more room but looking at your specs I don't think you had any.

Thanks Steve.

Gary Esman
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Gary:

You certainly were in close on this one! The angle give a nice sense of the lift off.

Yes, I would prefer a bit more lead room on the right, but you obviously were as wide as you could go. The fact that he his angled up on the diagonal does help.

I like the inclusion of the background, only wish that the legs didn't overlap the trees, but were clear of trees like the wings.

Like the clouds, helps with the sense of depth.

Sharp on the eye/head and well exposed.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy!