PDA

View Full Version : Red Bird in the Spotlight

Michael Pancier
04-08-2010, 08:39 AM
While shooting out with Capt. James on the islands just outside the Alafia River in search for spoons, there were about 4-5 reddish egrets also giving us some amazing action. This one was hanging out in front of the shaded mangroves and walked out into the sunlight.

EOS 7d+500 4.0L USM IS + 1.4x TC II
f/7.1
1/1250
ISO 400
Manual metering

Troy Lim
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Very nice shot, only issue is too centered.

Alma K Bailey
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Michael,

To see it alone would have been a treat for me, to get a photo from the spot light even more in awe, But to see this stunning of a bird in the night and to get a wonderful photo as this, well I just don't know if I could stand it.:cool: Looks like to much fun to me..

I like the red colors on this , and the grey feathers flowing in the air, the legs down in the water..

Alma

Glenda Simmons
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Very nice, showing good detail of this cool looking wader. Looks like he just came from a hair appointment and is strutting his new style!

Randy Stout
04-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Michael:

I love the reds, and the dark BG makes for a dramatic presentation. The head and leg position are nice, wind blown plumage great.

I wish the illumination was a bit more even without the shadows on the body and face. If you have a little more room below, I would include that or if not, add a bit of canvas.

Cheers

Randy

subhrashis
04-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Awesome!

Can you bring out a little more detail on the face, and reframe (IMO vertical would be nice...)? that would be even better...

Greg Basco
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Michael, I love shots like this and yours really pops! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the square crop. I would be interested to see what the full-frame was like to see what other options you might have.

Cheers,
Greg Basco