PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-eyed babbler

Ajit Huilgol
04-08-2010, 06:35 AM
The yellow-eyed babbler is to be found in coarse grass and scrub habitats throughout India. Even though it is distributed throughout India, it is not commonly seen, however, and a sighting or a photo op is always an excitable proposition.
Species: Yellow-eyed babbler (Chrysomma sinense)
Date: Feb, 2010
Equip: Canon 1D Mlll, Canon 500 f4
Specs: ISO 640, f4, 1/2500s, beanbag on vehicle

Thank you for taking the time out to look, and for your comments/critiques

Joe Senzatimore
04-08-2010, 06:45 AM
I can see why. A beautiful subject gave you an opportunity , and you made the beat of it. Wonderful image,great light and fine detail.

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 06:53 AM
wow , what a catch Ajit , nice image with good HA ,BG and perch
Excellent looking eye ,looks like bird has not given you much time , dialing down to f8 may have helped to get tail well in focus as I can see you had ample SS

Nevertheless , I would have loved to see this in my files :)
TFS

Mital Patel
04-08-2010, 07:32 AM
thats one of the best of this species i've seen so far

Roberto Betta
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Very nice work Ajit. I like the angle of the pirch, composition is great and the out of focus background colours compliment your subject really well here.

Daniel Cadieux
04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
A bit better HA towards us would have been ideal, and a slight crop above would strenghten the comp IMO. Having said this the IQ is pretty darn good, and the perch and BG are both perfect. I'm kinda liking the layered OOF effect on the tail. It's always exciting to see a rarity, let alone photograph it...way to go!!:)

Ajit Huilgol
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Thank you for all the kind words, guys! Won't be posting or commenting for some time as I'm off to 'tiger-lands' to capture some tiger, other mammal, and bird images. See you all later this month! :)