04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Dear all
Made this during my last trip to Bandhavgarh NP
7D , 300/f4 , ISO 400 , f5.6 , 1/400 , beanbag
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Betsie Storm
04-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Love the stare and those big feet! You sure got some nice shots on this trip, Harshad. I might be tempted to do a slight bit of warming, but thats a personal pref- you know what it looked like in the field. TFS.

Ken Watkins
04-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Harshad,

What a beauty, colours look fine to me.

I will say nothing about the tyre tracks:D

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2010, 02:03 AM
No 'nits' from me Harshad, those paws!!!:)

Steve ;)

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks guys , much appreciated

No 'nits'

Artie where are you :eek::eek::p:D:D

arash_hazeghi
04-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Very handsome Harshad, I wonder what it will look like if you move the tiger a bit to the right?

Ajit Huilgol
04-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Like it like it is, Harshad! I know what it is like to see tigers in the wild in India!

Robert Amoruso
04-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Harshad,

I would crop this into a vertical for two reasons. The right side does not add to the image and because it is brightly light, draws the eye from the subject.

Cat looks great so bring the attention back to him/her.

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi harshad

Just had another look and I think you could just slightly brighten/lighten the cub, have e-mailed you.

I can see where Robert is coming from, and providing you have the room to convert to portrait then it's worth exploring and would probably give you a stronger image, albeit tight, if not, then personally the space to the rhs is OK. ;)

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi harshad

Just had another look and I think you could just slightly brighten/lighten the cub, have e-mailed you.

Thanks Steve , why dont you post here , may be helpful to everyone I guess

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Here you go then.

- Duplicated the BG
- On the original I just tweaked in Levels/Curves/Brightness/Saturation and a tad 10.0.3.0 USM
- Added NR to the BG and made a mask
- Painted the cub back in, flattened
- Added my own action to the overall
- Saved for web

No sure if this is an improvement, sometimes it looks odd, as it stands out from the BG.

Steve

David Thomasson
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Housecat??? Not in MY house! :D

Beautiful, relaxed pose and a stare that dares. Well done!

I found the sunlit area on the right pulling my eye. The left side of the image has plenty of room on the histogram for
brightening. So I would dim the sunlit area and shift the light onto the cat.

Also, there's a bright green sprig of grass in the background merging with the top
of the cat's head. I would take that out.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3166/housecat.gif

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2503/housecat2.jpg

Ken Watkins
04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
David,

I won't ask how you do the on off thingy but it is IMHO very clever.

Your final repost retains the "duller" colour of the Tiger as well, I like it a lot.

As they say there is more than one way to process a cat:D

David Thomasson
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
David,

Your final repost retains the "duller" colour of the Tiger as well, I like it a lot.

As they say there is more than one way to process a cat:D

Thanks, Ken. It's just an animated gif. I think there are instructions in the PS help files, and I'm sure there are tutorials online.
They're easy to make. The main drawback is that with gifs, you only have 256 colors, so gradients don't do very well. But it's a
useful way to give a bird's-eye view of what has changed in an image.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2485/animated.jpg

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
WOW , excellent help David ,

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2010, 09:58 AM

Ken, based on Davids avitar I guess it's the younger element who are now teach us, LOL.

David really appreciate posting the tutorial, excellent.

Harshad, your call now on how to post the next 'house cat'. Great thread, I feel and hope that it may help others.

Thanks guys. ;)
Steve

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Harshad, your call now on how to post the next 'house cat'.

Ofcourse , David has shown the way but I think PP skills will improve over the time , right now planning for last week (25-31 april )trip to Bandhavgarh , I hope cubs will show again ,

David Thomasson
04-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Ken, based on Davids avitar I guess it's the younger element who are now teach us, LOL.

LOL ... that was taken when I was beta testing Photoshop 0.001

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Priceless David, great reply:D:D:D:D

Apologies Harshad for hi-jacking your thread, but David's reply made my day!;)

Steve

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Priceless David, great reply:D:D:D:D

Apologies Harshad for hi-jacking your thread, but David's reply made my day!;)

Steve

No problems Steve , even he made my DAY

Ken Watkins
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
David,

Thanks for that, I think I should just stick to trying out my PS "skills.

Harshad,

Another holiday? If you carry on like this you will end having prople say "your always on holiday" as my staff in UK say to me, by and large they are correct, but hey what else is there to do:D

Harshad Barve
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Harshad,

Another holiday? If you carry on like this you will end having prople say "your always on holiday" as my staff in UK say to me, by and large they are correct, but hey what else is there to do:D

Fortunately from office boy to chief designer in my office is ME , so I have to take care of my wife only and man , she has Tiger's big heart :)

Todd Frost
04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Nice image Harshad. Both David and Steve's reposts look good, showing two different but effective looks. Great stare and those paws are amazing. As far as the "nit" patrol (Artie) called on Steve, I have been trying hard with comments but I have no room for "political correctness" but try as requested. TFS
Todd

Sudhanshu Nafde
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
wow... amazing image kaka.... and what an improvement by Steve Sir.... amazing... the tiger is just coming out of the screen.... lovely... and great teaching of new lessons by Mr. David thommason... thanks a lot....

Regards...
Sudhanshu...