PDA

View Full Version : Tulip

Dave Woeller
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
This was our first tulip of the year. Late afternoon light in the garden. As always I appreciate your thoughts and guidance.
Canon 50D, 100mm 2.8 macro (the old one), Manual exposure 1/90 @ F 4.5, Evaluative metering <!-- attachments -->

Anita Bower
04-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Tulips have such gorgeous details! My eye goes from the upper part to the bottom part, not sure where to focus. I think I might get in a bit closer, focusing on the upper part. Here is an example. I rotated it a bit clockwise, adjusted levels and curves. Just one idea.

Dave Woeller
04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Thank you Anita. With the problems that BPN had recently, I didn't think that I would get any comments as the large image didn't show. This is a relatively new area for me, so I truly appreciate the thoughts. I like your repost and agree it centers my attention to the in focus petal edge more. Thanks again.

Anita Bower
04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you Anita. With the problems that BPN had recently, I didn't think that I would get any comments as the large image didn't show. This is a relatively new area for me, so I truly appreciate the thoughts. I like your repost and agree it centers my attention to the in focus petal edge more. Thanks again.
You are welcome. With the BPN website slow and then down, I haven't done much on it for over a week. I'm now catching up. Hopefully, others are also. Do post another image so we can enjoy your work and learn along with you.