PDA

View Full Version : Looking back - Wish I'd picked a smaller snake

Cheryl Slechta
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
This was a monumental battle between the GBH and snake that lasted over 30 minutes. The bg was a mess but I decided to leave it because that's the way it was:) To OOTB it I used a slight Xero Illustrator filter and then
"Monday morning" Nik filter to make it a little creepier. The snake put up a real fight but when I enlarged the first frame I saw that the heron had punctured the snake right behind the head so he was probably a goner from the
beginning. (I'd never make a National Geographic photographer - too much empathy for both of them:o but it
was a fascinating thing to watch.

Thanks for looking

denise ippolito
04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Awesome capture Cheryl. I bet it was a great to watch. I might tone down the top back of the bird where it's hot and a few other spots in the BG and perch. Great interpretation of the theme!!!:)

Indranil Sircar
04-07-2010, 02:03 AM
That is an amazing capture, Cheryl. GHB seems to be a strong predator. Someone earlier had posted a photo of a GHB hunting down a eared grebe and swallowing it whole. I thought it was unusual. Here is one swallowing down a snake! TFS.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Cheryl, very strong capture - always exciting to witness a situation like this!! :eek:
Best,
Nicki