PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon flower piercer

manuel grosselet
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I try to set up my place to attract birds, thinking simple, House Finch. Any House Finch, Just this Cinnamon Bellied Flowerpiercer (it's cute bird) and nothing more..I will try, and try and try again.

So every comments are welcome.

I put seed (every days) 30 cm below the branch (new branch; never set before)...And this bird don't paid attention to the seeds, but It loves this flower...

Using a 300 mm, I need to be fairly close, so may be the hide, not familiar for these birds on feeder here, make them think twice. Yep, the bird here think, probably more than twice.

Mark III, Canon 300 F2,8, Conv 1,4. Flash on High speed 800, f4, ISO 320 and 1hour 15 waiting. for this picture, not that bad.
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/774/diglossa8081.jpg

sulasula
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Lovely pose and composition. I feel there is toooooooo much of flash. You can improve it in SW correction. I love combination of the birds and flowers. I am looking forward to next picture!

Fabs Forns
04-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Manuel, I also agree it's over-flashed. To my taste, the flower is overpowering the bird. If you have the ability to do setups, you can practice very often until you get your wanted results. Was your flash set to M ot EETL? Did you use any negative compensation?

BTW, you may want to review your copyright, since graphics on them are against the rules. Sorry about that.

manuel grosselet
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi Fabs and other,

Thanks for the comments, sorry to pass through the rule, I will try to change it.
About flash it's ETTL, I am really not good with flashes, I work in high speed, and I try to put always a bit over expose..easier, at my sense to correct the pictures. I will chanve the set up of the flash, and please let me know your though..
Manuel

Arthur Morris
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I am not so sure that this one is over-flashed as much as it has simply been processed to light. Thus the repost. :)

manuel grosselet
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Arthur,
What have you done here, just adjust the contraste?

Arthur Morris
04-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I darkened it by pulling the curve down and then lightened the face with a sophisticated dodging method. :)

Joe Senzatimore
04-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Would love to see the re-post. No image shown????