PDA

View Full Version : A Backward Glance

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
I posted this in ETL a few weeks ago so I hope that it is OK that I post it as part of this week's theme :D
Taken at Gatorland in February, just as the sun was going down, and just before the pair mated. It was a magical sight...
1D Mk 3 300 f/2.8
ISO 400
f/5.6 1/6400
Exp comp @ -2 2/3
Slight crop for composition, curves and a little sharpening.
Look forward to your C & C's :)
Best regards to all,
Nicki

PS Denise, is it OK to post images for the theme that have had no special treatments or that were not taken with an abstract result in mind? If this is too 'In The Box' for the weekly theme please feel free to remove the prefix :)

denise ippolito
04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Nicki, A treatment doesn't have to be applied. I like this very much and tried to get some of these type of shots when was at Gatorland. I like the lighting and the pose.

Julie Kenward
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
That's beautiful, Nicki. The light, the fanned tail, the eye contact - excellent! My only negative (and it's a small one) is that it feels a bit centered - but I don't think it really hurts anything in this instance because the fan moves your eye through the frame.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Denise and Jules, thanks so much for your very kind words. Jules, I'm not sure that I could do much to change the composition - I feel that it might lose impact if I added canvas to take the bird off centre.

Cheryl Slechta
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Nicki, gorgeous lighting and the pose is perfect:)

Indranil Sircar
04-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi Nicki, this is very nice. Love the fan tail. Great lighting.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Cheryl and Indranil, thanks so much! :)