PDA

View Full Version : Air travel:$$ for the overhead bin

Rocky Sharwell
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
At least one airline is now attempting to charge for the overhead bin:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/06/061126/spirit-airlines-charge-30-items-overhead-bins/news-breaking/

Jamie Strickland
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
figured this was coming soon, ridiculous !

but since they put the new rules into effect everybody is trying to bring 2 or more items and there is normally squabbling on flights over the space it really drives me crazy

Myer Bornstein
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes, I just heard the announcement on the news. well will continue to fly Southwest "where bags fly free" :D

Robert O'Toole
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
figured this was coming soon, ridiculous !

but since they put the new rules into effect everybody is trying to bring 2 or more items and there is normally squabbling on flights over the space it really drives me crazy

People are bringing 3, 4 or even 5 items on and getting away with it <smile>!!!

At least I haven't been hassled over my 1 + 1, roller and laptop case, in years even on turbo props.

Robert

alexgwoodruff
04-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Pay for carry on luggage??? That really is ridiculous and will surely impact the number of tickets being bought on this airline.
However, just to take this thread from the ridiculous to the very edge of insanity - Ryan Air (an Irish airline servicing Europe) is contemplating the introduction of coin operated bathrooms - 1 GBP (about $1.50) to pee!!!