PDA

View Full Version : Three Left Before the end of an Era

Mark Fuge
04-06-2010, 08:11 AM
We got up at 3:00 A.M. yesterday to head to the Cape for the launch of the fourth last Shuttle mission. They will be missed, as the program will move into a new era. We've seen six shuttle launches, both at the Cape and from our front yard since moving down here. It was a perfect day and an enjoyable, though tiring day! This is a modified image of the launch as it left the pad. As it is not nature, in the real definition ... though definately an awesome bird, it was not appropriate for the OOTB board. So hope some of you can enjoy it in its true vision.

Alfred Forns
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi Mark unable to see the image, might want to upload again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Mark Fuge
04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
:DSorry, Al.

I think it is a site problem. I got here early this morning and have had an on again off again affair with the images. Some open/some don't and some open after they didn't previously. :confused:

I have uploaded a new image that I worked on to make it more clear. The other was my first shot adjustment but this is a crop to show the image better for those who do not wish to use a magnifine glass! :eek:

I know the gang is working on the site, so hopefully things will return to normal soon. Missed the action yesterday when it was down, but appreciate the efforts of all in the restoration of the site.

Harshad Barve
04-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Woha , what a sight , one day I will see this with my eyes
TFS

Mark Fuge
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks for viewing and comments, Harshad.

You better hurry ... The last one goes up in September. Future launches will be on more standard rockets, according to NASA's current launch plans. The "space trucks" will be mothballed.

Of course, for me ... someday I hope to view a tiger in the wild ... Trade you? ;) :D

Harshad Barve
04-12-2010, 08:19 AM
someday I hope to view a tiger in the wild ... Trade you? ;) :D

anyday Mark , just let me know :D:D

Mark Fuge
04-13-2010, 02:11 AM
anyday Mark , just let me know :D:D

Thanks Harshad, next time I get a winning lottery ticket I will be on my way! ;) :D

Harshad Barve
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks Harshad, next time I get a winning lottery ticket I will be on my way! ;) :D

Same case here Mark :D:D:D

Kerry Perkins
05-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Mark, I have recently done some work with the Discovery Channel, and I can tell you that they will be covering the last three shuttle missions in depth. Might want to check that out! It will be a sad day when it is over, but what a run we had! Another note from Hollywood - James Cameron has convinced NASA to include a 3D camera on the next mission to Mars. You may find this footage in an IMAX theatre near you!

Disclaimer - I do not work for the Discovery Channel but am providing 3D projection and imaging in support of their on-going projects. Tonight I attended the International 3D Society meeting in Beverly Hills and I can guarantee that there is some amazing content coming our way!! I have wanted to go into space since I was a child, and this may be the closest I ever get...

Mark Fuge
05-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks Kerry for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

We have enjoyed the space program since we came down here and have seen all the Shuttle launches since 2000. We also go to KSC and have just become "space commanders" (annual pass!!) I missed the Saturn program launches, but look forward to the next generation as well. I don't think the view will be as spectacular, but then again, lifting a multi million pound vehicle off earth with a designated destination is spectacular in its own right.

Look forward to the 3D images and others returned from space.