PDA

View Full Version : White-winged Guan

Jean Paul Perret
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I know that having all these branches in the photo is far from the ideal and that they are really distracting. However, when you consider that there are less than 250 of these beautiful guans in the world, I hope that you can overlook the branches and start to enjoy this photo! These guans are not only critically endangered, they were once considered extinct during the 20th century until their re-discovery in the wild in 1977.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/271/whitewingedguani.jpg

Canon 50D
Canon 400mm f/5.6L

1/640
f/5.6
ISO 400
Exp. Comp. +1 1/3
Monopod

Alfred Forns
04-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Big Congrats on the capture Jean Paul !!!

Like the image very much, well framed and got the tail in. Exposure looks good and was able to zero in on the bird for focusing !! Find these type images harder to do and this is a good one !!! Big Congrats !!!

Jean Paul Perret
04-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Big Congrats on the capture Jean Paul !!!

Like the image very much, well framed and got the tail in. Exposure looks good and was able to zero in on the bird for focusing !! Find these type images harder to do and this is a good one !!! Big Congrats !!!

Hi Alfred, thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad that you like the photo!

Lance Peters
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi - Agree with AL - hard to be picky when you are faced with such a rarity - hopefully these guys are being looked after by the powers that be and will be around for many years to come.
Good show :)