PDA

View Full Version : Reverse 50mm

Mike Moats
02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
This is from the center of a Gerbera flower. I took a 50mm nikon lens, reversed it, and mounted on the front of my Sigma 180 macro using a reversing ring. This increased my magnification and allowed me to focus in at about a half inch from this subject. Depth of field is really small. I like the soft blend of the colors, lines, and shapes that this setup produces. Not for everyones taste but just a different style. I used it on my tripod pod but very difficult to manage at this high of magnafication, it would be easier to work with using a focusing rail.
Fujin S5 Pro
F/4.5 at 1/4 sec.

Fabs Forns
02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Very dreamy flower scape. I would make it a little brighter. I love the way you see things :)

John Cooper
02-27-2008, 08:40 PM
An interesting approach Mike and agree with Fabs about being very "dreamy". My eye is so use to looking for some area of sharp detail; but looking outside the square is something we should all consider!!

Robert O'Toole
02-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Considering this Mag ratio was over 3X you did a great job getting anything sharper than a smear. Flash with stacked lenses makes life much easier.

I like the idea and the spirit of the image but I would have liked to have seen more of the white curls and yellow elements.

Robert