PDA

View Full Version : Rusty The Boss

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Rusty the Pelican flew in to hang-out with some less colorful pelican.No Crop etc.
Small clone of white area on Lt.
Specs:
File Name _MG_6811.CR2
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D
Firmware Firmware Version 1.1.0
Shooting Date/Time 3/27/2010 12:05:49 PM
Owner's Name
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 200
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Focal Length 140.0mm
Image Size 5184x3456
Image Quality RAW
Flash On
Flash Type External E-TTL
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation +1

Fabs Forns
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Nice pose and head angle. DOF is playing tricks on you, I think critical focus is on the back of the bird. There's a bit of a cast or something wrong with the IQ that I can't put my finger on.
If this is full frame, I have to assume you were pretty close to the bird. Why did you use 1+ in the flash? Just curious.

Since you are posting your images on a regular basis, it would be a good idea to offer feedback to others, it would help you more that it would help them because you'd be looking at images without any emotional attachment to them. That would make you aware of things you may not notice in yours and you will become a better photographer. Guarantied!

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Sure thing Fabs, i've been hesitate, to CC with details; as i'm learning as i turn every corner. Also i think you are right on the IQ very close, fill the frame, at F 5.6 would yield a very shallow DOF of Field.
Thks don

Daniel Cadieux
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
He certainly looks like the boss! Adding to Fabs, it looks like there is a magenta cast to your image. Here's a quick fix using Color Balance, and tweaking the BG blues via Selective Color(tweaked the cyan channel). I do like the comp, and the hint of ocean at the bottom.

Peter Farrell
04-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I ove the pose and BG. I was thinking contrast too high, but Daniels re-post cleared it up.
Peter

Don Hamilton Jr.
04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
sweet.. thks guys, man i really did like this picture as well.... thks for the clarification, and i need to develop an eye for this kind of stuff