PDA

View Full Version : Black and White OC

Nick Palmieri
04-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Artie has a "black and white" image in his digital basics PDF that inspired this one. I have tried to re-create something similar unsuccessfully a few times but got lucky with this one at Nickerson Beach the other day. I actually turned around so the sun was facing me, these OCs were essentially silhouetted to my eye so I new they would work for this process. I took many images hoping to get the mouth open and the legs spread wide (lots of throw aways due to poor position), although I couldn't see the shadow I was hoping it would still be there. In PP I brightened an already detail less BG and darkened the bird and shadow. I then added a black stroke layer.

denise ippolito
04-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Nick, Awesome job w/ this. The water area has a realistic look to it. I like the way you waited for an open beak and seperated legs.

Julie Kenward
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Denise is right - the position of the bird really takes this image to a new level. I might suggest a little more sharpening on the black silhouetted area of the bird but everything else is simply fabulous. Congrats on a great image, Nick.

Paul Lagasi
04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Nice silhouete, like the effect and birds position....TFS

Christopher Miller
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Beautiful silhouette, Nick. Very simple and effective. Nice work!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Very nice work Nick - the open bill makes it for me :)
Best,
Nicki