PDA

View Full Version : Dead Forest

Kobus Tollig
04-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Same evening as my previous post on the dead trees.
This is a 3 photo stitch.
Canon 50D
Canon 10-22
ISO 100
5sec
13mm
f16
Pol Filter and ND8 Grad

All comments and Crits welcome and appreciated
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Tony Mitchell
04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi Kobus, I like the mood that you have captured in this picture, as well as the dramatic sky colours. Just as a matter of interest, where in South Africa was this taken?
Tony Mitchell

Roman Kurywczak
04-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey Kobus,
I like the flow of the comp....the way the mountain and the ghost trees balnce with the RH side as the v of the water leads you to the distant trees. I do feel the sky is just a bit dark/ needs a bit more definition. Could be that it's not in there or the split darkened it a bit too much. Still..... I would try to see what you could pull out of it some more. Overall a very nice comp and stitch.

Dave Mills
04-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Kobus, Good job with the pano creating an interesting comp. I like the image as is but would be curious to see it as Roman recommends....

Bob Miller
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi kobus....I like it as is...very nicely done.....i can feel the mood

Robert Amoruso
04-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Agree that overall the composition is done well as Roman described. I tried some dodging using a 20% brush in the shadows, midtones and highlights. Of course, how much and where is a matter of taste but I wanted to leave the upper part of the image still darker then the horizon but bring out more detail. I also lightened the FG some.

Kobus Tollig
04-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Thx for the advice. Appreciate it lots. I did a quick work on it.
Does it look better?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">