PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauty

Desmond Chan
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM
D700 + 200-400 @ 400 on monopod. All natural light. Manual exposure mode. ISO 640 f8 1/200 s.

Cropped some negative space for composition purpose.

May do something more to it but then it'd be for "out-of-the-box" forum :)

C&C welcome and thank you for looking !!

Lance Peters
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
No image showing for me Desmond.

Desmond Chan
04-04-2010, 10:02 PM
No image showing for me Desmond.

Not sure why but I can see it. A repost for you.

Peter Farrell
04-05-2010, 06:33 AM
i really like this one. Great detail and pose. I like your chosen composition as well
A little bright in the 'U' shape at the neck, but not sure what too do with it?
Peter

Alfred Forns
04-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Sweet image Desmond !! Unusual pose and love the overall feel !! Does look a little bright on top/back of head.

Particularly like the image quality and detail !!

Jeff Cashdollar
04-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Desmond,

Unique and nice composition, well done. I like the f/8 and 1/200 works well with a sleeping bird. Like see thru on the bill and great IQ. Regarding whites on top, are they in check Desmond?

Desmond Chan
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the comments folks !

As for the brightness, I've checked again the jpeg that I posted in Photoshop. I found that actually the brightest spots are those tiny little ones along the neck. Then it is the lower half part of the background but that is expected (the background is water). As for the top, some tiny spots of higher than 250 but not like a large area of very bright spots though.

I did try a version a tiny bit darker in some areas but not sure if it would make a lot of difference and so simply decided to post the one that you saw to see what you guys thought about it.

Did you know the eyelids of the sandhill crane have feathers on them? They close from below.

Lance Peters
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Desmond - love the high key - fine feather detail is great.
Like the pose and the lines formed by the neck.
Hotspots noted but no biggie.
Good show :)