PDA

View Full Version : Juvi Ibis with breakfast

Gary Esman
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
First off thank you Al Forns for the tips on the best places at Fort DeSoto! Taken a few days ago at sunrise at North Beach.

50D, f/5.6, 500mm + 1.4, iso 250, 1/2500, tripod with Wimberley head.

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Alfred Forns
04-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi Gary

Glad you found the places !! Sweet area to work in !!

Sharp and well exposed, excellent timing with the meal, sure makes a difference and all with a great eye contact !! Might just tame the bright area on his left leg that grabs attention but one fine image. Low angle sure makes a different and love that color water !!!

Callie de Wet
04-04-2010, 09:02 AM
A lovely image and catch. A bit more saturation IMO required, but lovely action and details!.

David Gancarz
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Excellent feather detail on this one, as well as the action going on. I wouldn't change a thing. This is a nice young bird -- great specimen with no wear and tear on the bill.

Randy Stout
04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Gary:

Very nice, glad you found a few birds in Florida!

Nice shooting and bird angle. Well exposed, with the caveat mentioned by Alfred. Blue in eye plays well with the water color.

Because of your f/stop, and the angle of the bird in frame, the bill looks just a bit out of focus compared to the rest of the bird. Because the prey item draws our attention to the bill, I might consider sharpening the bill/prey a bit more.

If you had time to work this guy, might have tried a shot or two with a smaller f/stop, as you certainly had lots of light to work with based on our shutter speed and ISO.

Cheers. Look forward to more.

Randy

Gary Esman
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Gary

Glad you found the places !! Sweet area to work in !!

Sharp and well exposed, excellent timing with the meal, sure makes a difference and all with a great eye contact !! Might just tame the bright area on his left leg that grabs attention but one fine image. Low angle sure makes a different and love that color water !!!

Thanks AL! I did not notice the left leg, now it is all I see. Will fix that!

Gary Esman
04-04-2010, 05:40 PM
A lovely image and catch. A bit more saturation IMO required, but lovely action and details!.

Thanks Callie! Appreciate the input.

Gary Esman
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Excellent feather detail on this one, as well as the action going on. I wouldn't change a thing. This is a nice young bird -- great specimen with no wear and tear on the bill.

Thanks David!

Gary Esman
04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Gary:

Very nice, glad you found a few birds in Florida!

Nice shooting and bird angle. Well exposed, with the caveat mentioned by Alfred. Blue in eye plays well with the water color.

Because of your f/stop, and the angle of the bird in frame, the bill looks just a bit out of focus compared to the rest of the bird. Because the prey item draws our attention to the bill, I might consider sharpening the bill/prey a bit more.

If you had time to work this guy, might have tried a shot or two with a smaller f/stop, as you certainly had lots of light to work with based on our shutter speed and ISO.

Cheers. Look forward to more.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I must have 500 shots of these guys. Probably have one at a greater f stop. Glad you made it back safe!

Stu Bowie
04-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I like the perspective here Gary. Looks like you were in the water. Good looking Ibis, and his catch a bonus. Well done.