PDA

View Full Version : Story of Vanishing litter and great father

Harshad Barve
04-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Dear all

She is last female cub of banbehi female. What a grand female she was , but most unlucky one :(. Banbehi female is mother of lot of great females we see in park but her motherhood jinxed in first quarter of this decade , She lost her entire litter three times in row and this (female in picture here ) is from her last litter. Banbehi female died last year when these cubs were 15-17 month old and everyone was worried about their future. She was sucessful to broke jink in 2009 but her untimely death put big question on future of cubs.

Entire faternity of Bandhavgarh lovers were in deep sorrow and were worried for cubs when legandary father B2 stood for cubs and he raised these cubs to their adulthood. What a father he is.

This image shows how beautifuly cub is grown. Nothing can prepare you for tiger and B2 proved this by raising cubs.

Now she is with male ( kallu ) posted yesterday and I hope she will have better luck with cubs.

7D, 300/f4 + 1.4x , 1/125 , F5.6 ,ISO 400, beanbag , slight crop from left and top

All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Ajit Huilgol
04-04-2010, 08:59 AM
You mean the father actually brought back kills for the cubs?

Harshad Barve
04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
You mean the father actually brought back kills for the cubs?

yes and B2 trained them how to kill :)

Alfred Forns
04-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the background info Harshad, imagine they are like part of your family now !!

Not sure what ISO you had to deal with but those slow shutter speeds always make me nervous ... any action by the tiger will give you problems !! Image looks good as presented and does not need to be razor sharp, has a good look !!

Harshad Barve
04-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Image looks good as presented and does not need to be razor sharp, has a good look !!

Alfred , thanks for comment , agreed with you , I liked the slight soft look , can take sharpening , only 50,0.3 sharpening applied via unsharp mask , Should I try more sharpening ?

ISO 400 , just added to OP

Ken Watkins
04-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Harshad,
What a remarkable story B2 must be getting domestic in his old age:)
Wonderful image with great background, looks sharp enough for me, great colour as always!

Kiran Khanzode
04-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Beautiful image, great story, very emotional ! I love her placement and the habitat that is included. BGarh seems very dry, summer is at it's peak, huh.

Not sure what ISO you had to deal with but those slow shutter speeds always make me nervous ... any action by the tiger will give you problems !!

As for SS, I AM SO WITH AL on that, 1/125 is almost like waiting for disaster to happen. It worked in this case...but if the Tiger starts sprinting or gives any action all of a sudden, you are going to be forced to pan-blur (without getting the time to re-adjust any settings) :-). Exif shows 6:03 pm so I am making an assumption here about low light. Sometimes, I think Tv mode and Auto-ISO can get the job done in such situations where you get to control the SS in dwindling light. Need to experiment (me included).

Harshad Barve
04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
As for SS, I AM SO WITH AL on that, 1/125 is almost like waiting for disaster to happen. It worked in this case...but if the Tiger starts sprinting or gives any action all of a sudden, you are going to be forced to pan-blur (without getting the time to re-adjust any settings) :-). Exif shows 6:03 pm so I am making an assumption here about low light. Sometimes, I think Tv mode and Auto-ISO can get the job done in such situations where you get to control the SS in dwindling light. Need to experiment (me included).

Hey Kiran , you know how much I love 200 ISO , 400 is like big jump for me :p:p

Kiran Khanzode
04-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Well, at least, I tried ! I am sure there will be a day when you shoot at ISO 400+, it will come.:p

Markus Jais
04-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Wonderful shot with great composition and eye contact. Thanks for sharing.
Also great story.

Markus

Egil Droge
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I think the 7D should be able to handle ISO 400 without problems.
I love the image! Is 30 months not a bit early for a tiger to start breeding? (I don't know much about tiger biology...)

Austin Thomas
04-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Very nice Harshad and a great story to go with the image.

tfs

Austin

Santosh Tigga Saligram
04-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Absolutely wonderful image! Love the composition and the way the tiger's bright colours are standing out against a relatively dull background. Sublime stuff; thanks for sharing.

Chris van Rooyen
04-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Amazing story:eek:, and great image too. Like the wider angle with the inclusion of the habitat.

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Hi Harshad, for me the story outweighs the image.

You have spoilt us with some fabulous images to date, however this for me is a little 'pedestrian' and doesn't quite reach the bar you have set my friend, sorry. ;)

BTW Are you still operating both Canon/Nikon or is it just now with the 7D? If you are using Canon DPP, just check in the NR box (Tools) when outputting to PS. The slider should be set to 0 where it says Luminance NR. Sometimes this slider can move subject to camera settings and can give an addition 'stuff' you don't want!!!

Steve;)

Harshad Barve
04-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks for hlep Steve , much appreciated , I do agree story overweighs image , will try to post better image today