PDA

View Full Version : Tiger spraying

Ajit Huilgol
04-03-2010, 09:24 PM
This tigress had just come out of a pond, as can be seen by the wet hair on her belly, and was walking on the main, asphalted road in Ranthambhore NP. There were many vehicles following her and some in front of her, as was our vehicle. I did not want to include the vehicles in the image, and so when she turned around a bend in the road, I saw my opportunity. The fact that she chose just that moment to spray mark was just a bonus!
Equip: Canon 1D Mlll, Canon 100-400 at 200
Specs: ISO 400, f8, 1/320s, hand-held from a vehicle

Thank you for taking the time out to look, and for your comments/critiques

Kiran Khanzode
04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I gave you a comment on the other forum already, the raised tail and the splash of the after-shave is just awesome. Nicely captured !

Harshad Barve
04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Liked the pose , spary is well freezed and colors looks good to me , all in all excellent image
TFS

Hilary Hann
04-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Ajit, what a great capture with the spray marking at that exact moment. I initially thought that the road would be a distraction but in fact it doesn't seem to take anything away from the image. What I particularly like is the light on the cliff face, gives added depth and the highlights are not heavy enough to have lost any detail in the overall photo.

What time of day was it?